SAC Health System (SACHS) collects certain information about visitors to our website, located at https://www.sachealth.org. This notice describes our privacy practices for collecting and managing such information. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Site, how it is used, and with whom it may be disclosed/shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We collect and use the following types of information:
Personally identifiable information
Personally identifiable information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you, such as, for example, your name and contact information (e.g., physical address, e-mail address, and telephone number).
In some instances, we collect personally identifiable information through our Site. For example, we may request such information via forms when you use our Site to apply for a job or make another type of inquiry. From time-to-time, our site also requests information via surveys. The specific type of information requested will depend on the reason for which you contact us, and may include your name, contact information, employment history and education level (if you are applying for a job).
In all instances, we only collect personally identifiable information about you that you voluntarily give to us. Whether you provide the information is completely voluntary.
Our Site will not request your personal health information, and we ask that you not send such information to us via our Site or email.
Non-personally identifiable information
During your visit to our Site, our web server automatically collects and stores certain information about your use of the Site, by using cookies. This information does not identify you personally, and your e-mail address is not collected in this automatic process. Also, we do not link this information with personally identifiable information. Thus, in effect, all such visit information is anonymous. The information that is automatically collected and stored is:
- Your Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- The type of browser and operating system you used to access our Site.
- The date and time of your visit to our Site.
- The web pages or services you accessed at this Site.
- The IP address of the website from which you came to this Site.
2. DISCLOSURE/SHARING OF INFORMATION
3. YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit personally identifiable information to us via our Site, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of such information under our control, both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. For example, we use our reasonable best efforts to limit access to the information to only those employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, customer service). Also, the computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Despite our precautions, electronic transmissions via the Internet are not necessarily protected from interception, and therefore do not provide a completely secure and confidential means of communication. We cannot ensure or warrant the online or offline security or confidentiality of any information that you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
7. ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
8. CONTACT INFORMATION