Job – #250-01232020-TSS-IT
Position – Technical Support Specialist I or II
Department – Information Technology
Schedule – Monday – Thursday 7:00 am- 6:00 pm (This position follows a 4/10 work week).
Grade 334 Starting Wages Between – $20.52 – $29.77
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
SAC Health System is dedicated to reflect the healing ministry & love of Jesus Christ through healthcare, education & partnerships that empower our communities to flourish
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare – providing patient-centered, culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness & disability
Teamwork – working together to achieve a common goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like manner
Wholeness – ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity – living & working in an authentic, honest way that inspires trust
Compassion – engaging with the needs & suffering of others, out of concern for their wellbeing
Excellence – striving to exceed expectations for our patients, community, & staff
Humble Service – caring with a kind & selfless spirit
Respect – holding others in high regard by empowering them
The Technical Support Specialist I or II performs installation, maintenance, and support of all end user wired and wireless networked equipment which includes but is not limited to PCs, laptops, i-pads, tablets, smart phones, medical/clinical devices. Responsible for the configuration of new installations and trouble-shooting existing equipment and software. Provides for reliable operation of the network in coordination with other LAN and server administrators. Performs other duties as needed.
Essential Functions and Deliverables
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboard, printers, and disk drives on user’s workstations. Must understand the client/server and file/server relationship and its development and function.
- Assists users with password problems regarding their network and clinical applications accounts. Provides on-site/remote support to satellite clinics.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows required, working knowledge of Linux, OS X, Android, Apple iOS is desirable. Working knowledge of TCP/IP. Working knowledge of MPS/Printers and their configuration. Diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems. Recommends or performs actions to correct problems.
- Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet programs, mail and Internet access programs and others onto computers and update these as required.
- Installation of software for assigned projects to meet requirements and specifications. Maintains a working knowledge of infrastructure, hardware, applications and services supported by Information Technology.
- Reviews progress, issues, and overall status and escalates to project leadership as necessary and appropriate. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, peers and the general public.
- Researching, testing and recommending system/functionality enhancements and upgrades. Aid in developing, maintaining and implementing testing plans for rollout and future enhancements.
- Responsible for assisting various clients with the implementation, training, customization and use of the clinics applications system. Maintains exceptional interpersonal relations with subordinates, peers, users, and vendors.
- Develop and maintain documentation databases as needed. Implement and maintain internal and external application security.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry technical developments, trends and standards and advises management of such in order to meet business or educational needs.
- Provides users with network and workstation technical support, including user instruction of operating system and applications. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in many situations. Ability to read, analyze and interpret business and technical periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or government regulations.
- Adhere to all SACHS Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to travel between SACHS San Bernardino, Norton, Frazee, Murrieta, Indio and other SACHS associated sites.
- Must have the ability to consistently work with rotating doctors, residents and interns and have the ability to collaborate, support, and function in a medical/clinical healthcare organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager/Director
Education and Experience:
- Education: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of four years of computer support related experience or training required. Broad training in computer-related fields required
- Licensure/Certification: Valid California driver’s license required, CompTIA A+, ITIL Foundation etc. are preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 4 years of computer support related experience or training required, preferably in a medical/clinical environment. Knowledge in health care terminology and health care Information Technology a plus
- FQHC outpatient clinic
- Bilingual English/Spanish