Position – RN Case Manager- Care Management Team
Department –SAC Health System – Health Home
Schedule – Monday- Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm.
SACHS is a part of National Health Service Corps for loan repayment assistance.
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare – providing patient-centered, culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness & disability
Teamwork – working together to achieve a common goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like manner
Wholeness – ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity – living & working in an authentic, honest way that inspires trust
Compassion – engaging with the needs & suffering of others, out of concern for their well-being
Excellence – striving to exceed expectations for our patients, community, & staff
Humble Service – caring with a kind & selfless spirit
Respect – holding others in high regard by empowering them
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
Responsible for patient case management at SACHS by coordinating care, services, and for all SACHS patients across the continuum of illness. Monitor and promote effective utilization of healthcare resources through EMR and clinical measures. Managing both acute and chronic diseases. Reevaluates plan of care and ensures continued appropriateness based on the patients changing needs and condition. Maintains working knowledge of specialized case and utilization management methodologies and practices; applies concepts to every-day practice. Serves as a role model for other members of the care management team and mentors staff in care management principles and practices. Performs other duties as needed.
Must be flexible and adaptable, have a strong team centered focus, as this position relies heavily on teamwork and communication and ability to foster a positive team environment. Incumbent must have a service mentality and patient-centered approach, often times finding holistic and creative ways of meeting the patient’s needs. Incumbent will act as a medical subject matter expert within an integrated care approach. Position deals with high risk and undeserved population.
Occasional travel to patients home may be required, 1-2 times per month.
Education and Experience:
- Satisfactory completion of a Nursing program; Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) degree preferred. Current California Nursing License, current CPR certification, valid California driver’s license. Position requires occasional driving- maintaining a good driving record, valid CA drivers license and auto insurance is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of acute care experience. 2 years case management or out-patient clinic experience preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
As a requirement of this position, you must receive EPIC certification for the module you have been hired into.
Full Benefits Package; Vacation and Sick Leave Plans.
- Retirement Account with up to 8% employer contribution
- Medical / Dental / Vision packages.
- !! Monthly Premium Rates among the lowest in the industry!!
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Fitness Facility access
- Paid 8 Federal Holidays 1 Birthday holiday
Social Action Community Health System complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.