Position – Referrals Manager
Department – Referrals
SAC Health System’s mission is to reflect the healing ministry & love of Jesus Christ through healthcare, education & partnerships that empower our communities to flourish
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare – providing patient-centered, culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness & disability
Teamwork – working together to achieve a common goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like manner
Wholeness – ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity – living & working in an authentic, honest way that inspires trust
Compassion – engaging with the needs & suffering of others, out of concern for their well-being
Excellence – striving to exceed expectations for our patients, community, & staff
Humble Service – caring with a kind & selfless spirit
Respect – holding others in high regard by empowering them
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
The Patient Referral Manager directs, manages and analyzes all Patient Referral Department activities, including the referral appointment process, resolution of problems, tracking of referral metrics and staff supervision. The Patient Referral Manager works closely with internal and external parties to achieve organizational goals, most importantly a closed loop process for patient referrals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates and oversees the work of the Patient Referral Supervisor and the Patient Referral Coordinators to manage referral appointment requests.
- Directs all departmental activities including scheduling, staffing and daily operations as well as administrative duties such as problem resolution and quality assurance monitoring.
- Throughout the referral coordination process, monitors the status of referral requests and facilitates process to at each step to ensure patients secure referral appointments on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, on-going supervision and evaluation of all referral coordinator staff.
- Coordinates and ensures the comprehensive orientation of new department employees and assesses baseline competency.
- Oversees work schedules, coverage plans and assignments for referral coordinators.
- Ensures staff members follow departmental and organizational policies and procedures, including thorough knowledge of the referral appointment request process and compliance with SACHS mission and vision statements.
- Provides clear directions, consistent and timely feedback to referral coordinator staff. Promotes teamwork in daily activities, exercises diplomacy and consistently uses effective communication skills, acting as a role model to employees.
- Communicates with clinic staff, internal providers, patients, and external providers regarding scheduling issues, results. Follow-up and other necessary issues related to referral appointment management.
- Oversees that throughout the referral coordination process, ensures that all involved parties are aware of the referral status and expected time frames for service delivery.
Education and Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Current Valid California Driver license
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 year’s supervisory experience in related field preferred. Knowledgeable/trained in ICD and CPT coding preferred. Medical terminology required. Medication knowledge preferred. As a requirement of this position you must receive EPIC certification for the module you have been hired into.
Full Benefits Package; Vacation and Sick Leave Plans
- Retirement Account with up to 8% employer contribution
- Medical / Dental / Vision packages.
- !! Monthly Premium Rates among the lowest in the industry!!
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Fitness Facility access
- Paid 8 Federal Holidays 1 Birthday holiday
Social Action Community Health System complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.