Position – Patient Navigator – Quality
SAC Health System’s mission is to reflect the healing ministry & love of Jesus Christ through healthcare, education & partnerships that empower our communities to flourish
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare – providing patient-centered, culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness & disability
Teamwork – working together to achieve a common goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like manner
Wholeness – ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity – living & working in an authentic, honest way that inspires trust
Compassion – engaging with the needs & suffering of others, out of concern for their well-being
Excellence – striving to exceed expectations for our patients, community, & staff
Humble Service – caring with a kind & selfless spirit
Respect – holding others in high regard by empowering them
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
As a Patient Navigator you will build working relationships, solve problems and support patients while they learn to self-navigate the health care system. The Patient Navigator utilizes an interdisciplinary team approach to provide integrated care management to develop and implement plans of care addressing social determinants of health, care gaps and barriers to access. The Patient Navigator will work collaboratively and professionally as an integral member of the health care team.
- Provide outreach, care management and navigational services to a designated case load of patients addressing community, social, and medical needs. Determine health concerns/gaps in care by assessing social determinant of health.
- Work in collaboration with community agencies and build organizational relationships with community based organizations and programs. This position will serve as the liaison between SAC Health Systems and the surrounding community.
- Facilitate access to services through assessment, coordination of care and other care management activities. Independently manage a case load of patients requiring low to moderate medical and social needs. Work collaboratively with care team to address more complex needs of patients.
- Participate in Systematic Case Reviews. Present patient needs in a prioritized and organized manner and assist in developing a plan of care for patients based on integrated feedback.
- Work within a team of nurses, behavioral health clinicians and care coordinators to ensure patient health needs are met. This will include engaging patients, building rapport and establishing trusting relationships with patients and their care teams. Cultivating strong patient relationships will be a cornerstone of this position.
- Engage and enroll new patients into program through in person or telephonic outreach. Work with team members to ensure team caseloads meet programmatic expectations. Gain a thorough understanding of program eligibility and expectations. Assist patients in maintaining eligibility to participate in program.
- Meet patients in clinic, in their homes or in the community. Accompany patients to medical or social support appointments. Work collaboratively with care team to reduce barriers and increase access. Patient navigators will not transport patients
Education and Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required. AA in Social Services, Social Work, Public Health, or Human Services preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Valid CA Driver’s License and liability car insurance required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience as a community health worker, health advocate, community health navigator or community outreach worker. Medical Assistants with community based experience will also be considered. Bilingual Spanish/English. Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred. Understanding of basic case management/care management principles preferred. Certificate as a Community Health Worker preferred.
As a requirement of this position you must receive EPIC certification for the module you have been hired into.