Position – Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners
Department –SAC Health System – Indio/CVRM
Department –SAC Health System – Indio/CVRM
Current Openings – 2 ( Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners )
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
SAC Health System is dedicated to reflect the healing ministry & love of Jesus Christ through healthcare, education & partnerships that empower our communities to flourish
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare – providing patient-centered, culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness & disability
Teamwork – working together to achieve a common goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like manner
Wholeness – ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity – living & working in an authentic, honest way that inspires trust
Compassion – engaging with the needs & suffering of others, out of concern for their well-being
Excellence – striving to exceed expectations for our patients, community, & staff
Humble Service – caring with a kind & selfless spirit
Respect – holding others in high regard by empowering them
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner will have adult specialties experience and be responsible for direct patient care to our uninsured, underinsured and homeless population. Will also be responsible for other administrative duties as designated by the CMO and his/her designee and in accordance with the CA Medical Practice Act and the CA Nurse Practice Act. The CMO will provide the overall direction for all patient care activities.
- Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician. Contributes to physician’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives. Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories. Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections. Other duties as assigned by the Attending Physician and Clinical Director.
Education and Experience:
**Physician Assistant-Job Summary
- Education: Required to have completed an accredited post-graduate education program specifically for Physician Assistant and have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program.
- Licensure/Certification: California State Physician Assistant License, issued by Physician Assistant Board under Medical Board of California. BLS certification required. Preferred to have a Nat’l Provider Identifier (NPI). DEA License recommended.
- Experience: Prefer community clinic experience. Management experience preferred. The Nurse Practitioner practices in collaboration with the supervising physician to provide age-specific and developmentally appropriate advanced nursing care and education for designated population of patients served; utilizes expertise in the delivery of whole-person care; practices within the NP scope of practice pursuant to standardized procedures and interpersonal skills to maximize excellence in customer service, safe patient care, and professionalism; contributes to a work environment of caring and cooperation among a culturally diverse workforce and patient population. Performs other duties as needed.
**Nurse Practitioner-Job Summary
- Education: Master’s Degree and completion of NP curriculum required.
- Licensure/Certification: Active California Registered Nurse (RN) license and California Nurse Practitioner Certificate required. Nat’l Provider Identifier (NPI) and DEA License.
- Experience: Bilingual in English and Spanish desirable. Minimum 2 years of experience as a RN in an acute care setting or in a sub-specialty clinic environment required.
SACHS is a part of National Health Service Corps for loan repayment assistance
Paid Leave and Sick Leave Plans
- Retirement Account with up to 8% employer contribution!!
- Medical / Dental / Vision packages.
- !! Monthly Premium Rates among the lowest in the industry!!
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Fitness Facility access
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 1 Birthday holiday
Social Action Community Health System complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.