LVN Prep Clinic
Position – LVN Prep Clinic
Department – Internal Medicine
Schedule – Monday- Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
SAC Health System is dedicated to reflect the healing ministry & love of Jesus Christ through healthcare, education & partnerships that empower our communities to flourish
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare – providing patient-centered, culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness & disability
Teamwork – working together to achieve a common goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like manner
Wholeness – ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity – living & working in an authentic, honest way that inspires trust
Compassion – engaging with the needs & suffering of others, out of concern for their well-being
Excellence – striving to exceed expectations for our patients, community, & staff
Humble Service – caring with a kind & selfless spirit
Respect – holding others in high regard by empowering them
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
The LVN is responsible for managing patient flow and relations within designated areas. Performs patient-oriented procedures and tasks within the scope of their education and training. Provides nursing care to patients who present with urgent, emergent, or potential health problems; utilizes knowledge of basic nursing principles, practices, and ethics. Works under the direction of a clinician or other licensed personnel. Performs other duties as needed.
Essential Functions and Deliverables:
- Utilizes nursing knowledge by reacting quickly, calmly and professional in emergent, life threatening situations according to clinic protocol.
- Assists with directing back office team on a day-to-day basis, ensuring job tasks are performed in a productive and high quality manner.
- Assists with back office duties such as vitals, injections, venipuncture, or procedures ensuring appropriate collection, handling, labeling, and processing of specimens.
- Adjusts work pace when performing multiple tasks, maintains patient flow for optimal function and remains in a calm manner in a stressful environment.
- Meets with nursing team regularly to ensure optimal productivity, to resolve problems, provide support, and to maintain effective lines of communication. Offers suggestions for improvement of clinic operations.
- Evaluates and documents incoming telephone calls, competently evaluates and advises under the direction of the clinician. Follows up on tests results, e.g., labs, imaging, as assigned by providers.
- Participates in quality control functions according to SACHS Policy and Procedure (expired meds, sterilization criteria, and weekly reports). Responsible for maintaining all back office logs.
- Cleans and maintains all patient care areas, medical equipment and supplies according to SACHS Policy and Procedure. Maintains clean, orderly and well-maintained work area.
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Keeps up to date on all SACHS programs, e.g., VFC, CHDP, FPACT, etc. Maintains current knowledge of all documents that direct practice, e.g., policies, clinical guidelines, ancillary guidelines, etc.
- Performs specialized procedures as allowed by Nurse Practice Act and SACHS policy.
- Collaborates with entire medical support staff to facilitate smooth clinic functions and ensure appropriate team work.
- Must maintain professional demeanor in all situations
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment
- Must maintain a clean professional appearance.
- Ability to be flexible to assist in all departmental areas when needed
- Must be able to adhere to the Attendance policy and procedure.
- Ability to collaborate, support and function in a teaching organization that builds, coaches and embraces interns and residency programs. Must demonstrate a passion for the team and have the ability to consistently work with rotating doctors, residents and interns, while continuously building a trusting, safe, patient centered workplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity, work effectively and with individuals of different cultures and socioeconomic status; Passion for service.
- It is the expectation of SACHS that all staff members exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills which means going above and beyond your job description to find a solution.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Education and Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma Required. Graduate of an accredited LVN program Preferred. You may be able to substitute LVN School Accreditation with Completion of CA State equivalency method by those who have acquired formal nursing education and met hours and requirements listed by CA Board of Vocational Nursing (current to the date of hire).
- Licensure/Certification: Current unrestricted CA LVN license and BLS certification required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of medical office LVN experience preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. As a requirement of this position you must receive EPIC certification for the module you have been hired into.
- FQHC outpatient clinic
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Must be able to work in the U.S. legally. We are unable to sponsor H1B Visa’s.
Full Benefits Package; Vacation and Sick Leave Plans
Social Action Community Health System complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.