Job – #250-01222019-PM-IS/IT
Position – IS/IT Project Manager
Department – Information Technology
Schedule – Monday – Thursday 7:00 am – 6:00pm (This dept. follows a 4/10 work week)
Grade G07 – Starting Wages Between- $76,184.81- $107,646.30
In order to be considered for this position the supplemental questions located on the last page need to be submitted along with Resume.
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
SAC Health System is dedicated to reflect the healing ministry & love of Jesus Christ through healthcare, education & partnerships that empower our communities to flourish
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare – providing patient-centered, culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness & disability
Teamwork – working together to achieve a common goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like manner
Wholeness – ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity – living & working in an authentic, honest way that inspires trust
Compassion – engaging with the needs & suffering of others, out of concern for their wellbeing
Excellence – striving to exceed expectations for our patients, community, & staff
Humble Service – caring with a kind & selfless spirit
Respect – holding others in high regard by empowering them
As a member of the SACHS management team, the IS/IT Project Manager is responsible for assisting the CIO / IT Director in planning, budgeting, overseeing and documenting all aspects of the project management on SACHS technology platform on current and future projects / clinics.
Essential Functions and Deliverables
- The Project Manager is responsible for delivering service excellence utilizing people, processes, and technology on all projects.
- Initiates, plans, executes, controls and closes projects according to the established Project Management Methodology to ensure project meets or exceeds timeline, budget and quality expectations, conduct quality assurance on all project deliverables.
- Facilitate collaboration and communication among members of interdisciplinary teams to develop a detailed project plan and process for monitoring progress.
- Requests resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Works with Business Owners to define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Interacts regularly with project leadership and senior management.
- Utilizes leadership skills, sound independent judgment and discretion to positively impact project teams and overall project success.
- Makes management presentations and submits reports as required.
- Conducts feasibility studies for building codes and IT requirements for new clinic / office sites.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, analyze and interpret processes and needs based on limited information; organize work and resources; define problems and solutions; make recommendations.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scopes of work, reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Assist the IT Director / CIO on negotiating with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to procure products and services.
- Create and communicate a project plan, schedule, budget, and then assign tasks and deadlines to partners or teams.
- Schedule frequent check-ins
- Clear roadblocks and escalate challenges when necessary and when 1:1 problem-solving fails
- Provide status reports and support documentation during all elements of project
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time and quality standards are met
- Write and maintain support documentation
- Highlight potential risks/malfunctions/impediments and work proactively to resolve issues
- Work in tandem with the key stakeholders, management and the customers/end-users.
- Design product development “sprints” and meet regularly with team members to maintain focus and direction toward achieving defined goals;
- After product or feature launch, follow-up to ensure that KPIs are measured and communicated, and help to manage the process of testing and product revisions as necessary;
- Close out projects with post-mortem reports and learning statements.
- Be a student of best practices in digital project management and suggest ways to improve processes and efficiency of efforts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems with 5 years of IT experience with minimum 2 years as a Project Manager required, Master degree in IT field preferred
- Licensure/Certification: Current CA Driver’s License,
- PMP or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: 5 years of IT experience with minimum 2 years as a Project Manager, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- FQHC outpatient clinic
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Questions below must be submitted with your resume.
Supplemental questions :
- Have you Managed a project in healthcare sector / industry before? (Do not exceed 500 characters).
- How would you describe your communication and leadership style? (Do not exceed 500 characters).
- What general metrics do you use to determine if a project is progressing on track? (Do not exceed 500 characters).
- How do you help the team prioritize competing or simultaneously conflicting deadlines? (Do not exceed 500 characters).
- What is your strategy for working with an underperforming team member? (Do not exceed 500 characters).
- How would you describe the outcome of your last project? (Do not exceed 500 characters).
- What approach do you take when a project hits a roadblock and does not go according to plan, despite the team’s best efforts? (Do not exceed 500 characters).