Call Center Agent
Position – Call Center Agent
Department – Call Center
Schedule – Monday- Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm
SAC Health System is dedicated to reflect the healing ministry & love of Jesus Christ through healthcare, education & partnerships that empower our communities to flourish
SACHS Core Values:
Quality Healthcare – providing patient-centered, culturally-sensitive, equitable care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, while seeking to prevent illness & disability
Teamwork – working together to achieve a common goal, with a willingness to serve each other in a Christ-like manner
Wholeness – ministering to the spiritual, physical, mental & emotional needs of others
Integrity – living & working in an authentic, honest way that inspires trust
Compassion – engaging with the needs & suffering of others, out of concern for their well-being
Excellence – striving to exceed expectations for our patients, community, & staff
Humble Service – caring with a kind & selfless spirit
Respect – holding others in high regard by empowering them
Requirements for Success in Your Role:
The Call Center Agent is primarily responsible for answering inbound calls for all of SAC Health System departments in a positive, timely, and professional manner. Schedule, confirm, cancel, and amend appointments as well as verify, update, and/or correct insurance information in the company provided computer system and software. The Call Center Agent will also perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the department Lead, Supervisor, Manager, and/or Director.
Essential Functions and Deliverables
- Answer inbound calls in a warm, friendly, and timely manner.
- Brand each call according to Sac Health System’s expectations and standards
- Communicate with patients and staff in a clear tone, pleasant language, and positive attitude.
- Provide accurate information for all inquiries regarding appointment information, appointment location, and doctor assignment and availability.
- Schedule, cancel, and amend appointments in the company provided computer system and software for all of SAC Health System patients and departments accurately.
- Validate, update, and/or correct insurance information in the company provided computer system and software as needed for all of SAC Health System patients
- Confirm eligibility status on a variety of payer sources when scheduling appointments.
- Verify patient demographics, authenticate the caller, and collect pertinent billing information.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism while working with patients and staff at all times.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and maintain positive rapports while operating within a group/team setting.
- Ability to meet individual, departmental, and company expectations and goals.
- Must adhere to all department and company policies and procedures, including, but not limited to the call standards and attendance policies.
- Ability to collaborate, support and function in a teaching organization that builds, coaches and embraces interns and residency programs.
- Must demonstrate a passion for the team and have the ability to consistently work with rotating doctors, residents and interns, while continuously building a trusting, safe, patient centered workplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity, work effectively and with individuals of different cultures and socioeconomic status; Passion for service.
- It is the expectation of SACHS that all staff members exhibit critical thinking and problem-solving skills even if it means going above and beyond your job description to find a solution.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the department Lead, Supervisor and/or Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Medical terminology and additional studies in business preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Medical Assistant Preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of One year of experience as a telephone operator required. One year of experience in front or back medical office preferred. As a requirement of this position you must receive EPIC certification for the module you have been hired into.
- FQHC outpatient clinic
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Must be able to work in the U.S. legally. We are unable to sponsor H1B Visa’s.
Full Benefits Package; Vacation and Sick Leave Plans
- Medical / Dental / Vision packages.
- !! Monthly Premium Rates among the lowest in the industry!!
- Retirement Account with up to 8% employer contribution
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Fitness Facility access
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 1 Paid Birthday Holiday
Social Action Community Health System complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.